- This program is only for companion animals, household pet cats and dogs, and recipient must afﬁrm ownership of each pet.
- All pets must be kept indoors at night, must not be chained, and must be provided with fresh water at all times. Pets may not be used for breeding, ﬁghting, or any other illegal activities. Any suspected abuse will be reported to the proper authorities.
- We reserve the right to perform a home inspection and meet the pet(s). If we ﬁnd evidence of abuse or deception – lying about pets, ﬂipping pets, breeding, selling or trading food, supplies, etc., you will be immediately and permanently removed from the program.
- Each animal must be spayed or neutered and be current on Rabies within TWO months of receiving assistance (vouchers for Free spay/neuter (you must meet the requirements) can be provided and this will include a Rabies vaccination).
- Recipient must agree not to adopt any additional pets while in the program. If it is discovered that you have added more pets to your household, you will be eliminated from the program.
- Clients may visit the Central MA Kibble Kitchen once every two weeks.
- Only the registered client may pick up pet food.
- The amount of food we give is based on veterinarian recommendations for the pet’s breed, age and healthy weight.
- Should inventory dip low, we will help more pets by giving less food.
- Cat litter will be given out as available.
New collar, leash, and harness will be provided if inventory allows.
- You must bring your dog for proper ﬁt and exchange the current equipment for the new equipment.
- Pet owners must provide proof of Central Massachusetts residency by providing a current phone, cable, or utility bill or mortgage or rent statement.
Recipient must be in economic need by providing one of the following documents:
* Mass Health
* EBT card
* Medicaid card
* Unemployment letter (income under low income guidelines)
* Section 8 Voucher
* Mass Public Housing
* Other Financial Hardship (this includes homelessness, or non-traditional home (camp, etc.)) Proof is required and must accompany Application
~Pet owners must provide photo ID (license, government issued photo ID, etc.) upon picking up pet food.
Terms & Conditions
**Individuals with permanent, serious disability may be eligible for continued support (after veriﬁcation of need). Documented service pets in need of assistance may be eligible for continued support (after veriﬁcation of need and service pet status). All exceptions are on a case-by-case basis and will require medical and ﬁnancial documentation, and may require veterinary recommendation.**
~We are a supplemental feeding resource and do not guarantee the amount of food or the kind of food you will receive. Various brands are given out at different times, so realize your pet may develop an upset stomach due to the inconsistent food source. You agree to not hold Central MA Kibble Kitchen and its’ volunteers legally liable in the unfortunate event your pet(s) become ill or the food upsets a pet(s) stomach. We will make every effort to consider special requests for certain formulas or ﬂavors of dog and cat food, but are only able to give what is available at the time.
~Recipients agree to have their pet(s) photographed for use on the Central MA Kibble Kitchen Facebook page and website. No personal information will be shared other than the pet(s) name.
~Recipients agree to not resell, redistribute, or attempt to return to a store, any food or care items received from the Central MA Kibble Kitchen.
~This program limits the number of pets per household that can receive food to six.
~If transportation is a challenge, please contact us and we will try to accommodate you.
~If you no longer need assistance, please let us know so that we can help another household.
~We require that you treat all Central MA Kibble Kitchen volunteers with courtesy and respect.
~We reserve the right to deny any application for any reason. Should you violate any of the above requirements, Central MA Kibble Kitchen will terminate assistance immediately without notice.
Attached is the application for the Central MA Kibble Kitchen Pet Food Bank Program. Please ﬁll it out and return it.
Once you have been approved, you will not need to ﬁll out the form again unless you move or your ﬁnancial situation changes.